Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thankful Thursdays #1

Sometimes in life we seem to get wrapped up in our heads about all that life should be and we forget all that we already have in our lives. I (Kayla) was tagged in a Facebook post by a friend this afternoon where I was asked to list four things I am grateful for.

The funny thing is that I was just telling Robert this morning that we should make "Thankful Thursdays" a regular part of the blog. It just seemed to be fate!
This has been a testing type of week for us.

When we came back from our wonderful beach trip we realized that we had to replace the toilet in the RV before we could move into it. (I don't want toilet water all over my belongings). We were also wrong about the timing of a local job where we could have saved some money before we left, and that job isn't going to be available for a few more months. We hope to be gone by then.

In the middle of all of my negative thinking I remembered that we have so SO much to be thankful for. We have each other, and a family that supports us even if they don't understand our logic. We have friends that cherish our existence and.. and we have an RV!! :)

Why did I put a duck in the photo? Because it is cute.

Now for my list!
  1. Thankful that my back is healing and I feel up to blogging today.
  2. I'm thankful that my husband has taken such good care of me while I was healing (& always).
  3. I'm thankful that my family is behind our choices to change the world (in our own small way).
  4. I'm thankful that my friends are as crazy as we are!
Robert's List

  1. Thankful that I get to see my best friend today.
  2. I'm thankful for Mother Nature
  3. I'm thankful that my wife is feeling better today.
  4. I'm thankful that I live in the time of the internet.
While this may not be a weekly occurrence or part of the blog it will be a regular part of our posts.

What do you have to be thankful for today? Let us know in the comments section below! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Don't want to miss a single post? Sign up for e-mail alerts:

We guarantee a spam free service,
our e-mail alerts are powered by FeedBurner