Sunday, June 29, 2014

Why should I label or tag my blog posts?

I guess the question I should be asking is: "Are you only planning to share your blog with family and friends via your personal social networking or do you want to reach a wide audience?"

If your answer is:"I would enjoy reaching a wide audience of readers" then yes labels (aka: tags) are important. Here's why...
Labels help search engines (like Google or Bing) to find your blog.

When a potential reader types in Lemon, and you have a blog post called "101 ways to use Lemons" the search engine they use may not find your blog post unless you have used the label (or tag) #Lemon.

Labels also help you keep your blog organized. For instance, if I want to find posts within my blog about the #BlogLife101 series I can click the label at the bottom of this post that says BlogLife101, which will direct me to all of the posts I have labeled with that tag.

Do you have to use #hashtags? No.. those are really only useful for social media, but most people know a label or tag because on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or other social networking platforms tags help people find things they are interested in! (I have personally met friends online through hashtags) :)

So.. How do you know which Labels to use?

You should use labels that will help others find your blog post, and labels that help keep your blog organized.. we have a #random label, because every once in a while we write a totally random post. When I want to see all of the random posts we have written I click on the random label!

Thanks for reading, I hope this post helped you learn about labels/ tags!

#Haveagoodweek!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Don't want to miss a single post? Sign up for e-mail alerts:

We guarantee a spam free service,
our e-mail alerts are powered by FeedBurner