Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Robert's Modern American Dream

There are a lot of people out there who feel like they want to do something to better the world. We would like to talk to all of them and see what they have in mind. 

The trouble with that is we can not talk to everyone face to face. So for those who have something they would like to tell us but we can not get to you for an interview we will send a little E-mail questionnaire.

So I thought that before we start asking America these questions I would answer them for myself. 



  1. What is your American dream?

    To become a self actualized person.

    That is a whole lot of meaning in so little a sentence. There is a lot of study behind that word and if you want to go looking for yourself I recommend you start with the name Abraham Maslow. I will sum it up for you though, being self actualized means I want to be the best person I can be.

     
  2. Where do you see yourself in five years?

    I am not great prognosticator. Had you asked me this question five years ago the answer I would have given you would sound little like the life I live now.

    I see us (my wife and I) driving across Europe in a RV that was 3D printed from bioplastics, powered by solar panels, and driven by a Tesla electric engine.

     
  3. What advice would you give someone with similar goals?

    This is going to sound corny but don’t stop believing.

    There will be days were you think that you do not stand a chance. There will be times that you are told by everyone you meet that you are crazy. You may arrive at a place were you have no idea what you should do next. If you go on knowing that you will find a way, and you will succeed, you will.

     
  4.  If you can change the world in one way what would it be?

    This is a hard one because I can think of many ways I would like to change the world. If you go back and look at my answer to question one you would see I have a simple American dream.

    The sad fact is that to achieve that simple dream you need to have a foundation to build that self actualized person. The world as it is today does not provide that foundation for most people. Not that it can not just that it does not.

    So the one thing I would change is to make sure that everyone of us has that simple foundation.

     
  5.  Who is your hero and why?

    Jacque Fresco.

    If you know that name I do not need to tell you why he is my hero. If you do not know that name then you need to go do a little research right now. Founder of The Venus Project, Jacque Fresco is a forward thinking engineer who has designed a way of using technology to help man-kind reach our fullest potential. His ideas and worldview are more than just automated cities though. His re-thinking of our future covers everything from city planning to family planning.

    I hope that this helps others get to know me a little better. I am looking forward to reading what answers people submit to us.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Don't want to miss a single post? Sign up for e-mail alerts:

We guarantee a spam free service,
our e-mail alerts are powered by FeedBurner