Saturday, September 20, 2014

Life in the present & My Dear Husband (DH)

As we wait for the answers to some big questions my lovely husband's birthday will be here in a few days.

The best present I could possibly give him are answers; when we will be heading out, when we will be able to fix the plumbing, when we will make it to warm weather and friends on the West coast.

Sadly, I do not have the answers right now and we will have to be patient together. He is usually very patient. I am, on the other hand, usually patient enough to bring the cookies out of the oven a little doughy in the middle..

Our roles have changed for the moment, I am being the patient one, and he is pacing back and forth.






Every time we talk to someone or see someone we hear: "I thought you two had left already."

Part of me is thankful that we have people who are excited to read about our adventures, the other part of me is sad when we have to say "no not yet".

All things come in due time. Had we have left in August after the family beach trip as planned we would have missed my little brothers first baseball game and a chance to hang out with our favorite people another time or two (the ones who call us every day wondering if we can hang out one more time before we leave).

We have also realized who our real friends are and who just tolerated us because they had to. Now that we are leaving it makes it easier for certain people to show their true colors...

We are not your normal folks, we don't care to be. We tend to scare people off with our far out thoughts and our genuine actions. That is alright, we say to each their own. I just feel like one more thing could be the straw.. but dreams of future adventure help us progress even if only a few steps forward a day.

I can officially say I have been forced to live in the present moment because I know that my past is something I can only learn from and the future.. well we have seen what results from us making concrete plans.

& Now for something completely different...


What is DH?

We have been blessed to find several online RV communities and Facebook groups. After reading several posts and comments I realized that DW and DH were abbreviations for Dear Wife and Dear Husband!!

My DH is:
-Strong
-Wise
-Kind
-Loving
-Nurtering
-Genuine
-Authentic
-Dedicated
-Loyal
-precocious
-logical
-sincere
-passionate
-brave
& overall the man of my dreams!

I know we may spend his birthday this year working to save money to leave town but I hope that next year we can celebrate it at a large festival or on a secluded beach somewhere.

While this post was random, and all over the place. So are we at the moment. As our best friends know, you take the good and the bad. If you want us, you get all of us.. even the random parts!

Happy Birthday Robert, my dear husband!! I love you so very much and I am so honored to be your dear wife! <3

No comments :

Post a Comment

Don't want to miss a single post? Sign up for e-mail alerts:

We guarantee a spam free service,
our e-mail alerts are powered by FeedBurner