Monday, April 14, 2014

Goodness

Some days I feel as though I wasted time being nice to someone or helping someone because they are so quick to place the blame on me, or the ones that I love.

On those days I like to disconnect myself from the internet for a while to think about the choice that I have made to be a good person and to contemplate the tests that keep appearing where I decide to be the bigger person and step away from an argument/ situation/ feud where my voice/ thoughts/ emotions mean nothing and would only add fire to fire.

When I do get back online (usually to finish up a homework assignment) I find myself "Googleing" quotes about the type of day I've had or situation I am going through. Today my search was:



"quotes about being a good person and doing the right thing"

I wanted to share a few of those quotes here because.. doing the right thing and choosing to be a good person is the route I take everyday not only when it is convenient, although it seems to be the road less traveled. I know that there are so many others who run this daily race of bringing goodness into their lives and I hope you enjoy these quotes as much as I do!

“Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.”
Maya Angelou

“Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.”
Desmond Tutu

“How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.”
William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice  

“Conquer the angry one by not getting angry; conquer the wicked by goodness; conquer the stingy by generosity, and the liar by speaking the truth. [Verse 223]”
Gautama Buddha, The Dhammapada  


 “No more roundabout discussions of what makes a good man. Be one!”
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations 

These quotes show me that others, well respected others should I say, also believe that it is important to be a good person.

Thanks for reading and letting me vent! -Kay

No comments :

Post a Comment

Don't want to miss a single post? Sign up for e-mail alerts:

We guarantee a spam free service,
our e-mail alerts are powered by FeedBurner