Monday, May 2, 2016

Birthdays and Normalcy

Today is my 27th birthday. We went out with friends Saturday to a Hibachi grill, bought an ice cream cake last night, and spent the entire weekend in Tamriel adventuring together.

When people ask me what I am planning to do for my birthday or what I am getting I think of two responses.


1. I am an adult, birthdays are not that big of a deal anymore.
2. If we find something that we want we just purchase it, it doesn't matter if it is our birthday or not.

I feel as if the world expects us to have a huge celebration on our birthdays. Parents make a huge deal out of kid's birthdays and then the children grow up and expect a big deal to be made for the rest of their lives.

In our home a birthday is just another day. We celebrate life everyday. We budget money and save for items or vacations that we would like to have all throughout the year and when we have the extra money we do not wait for a holiday to get whatever "it" is that we desire.

I feel better about turning 27 than I did about 26.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Don't want to miss a single post? Sign up for e-mail alerts:

We guarantee a spam free service,
our e-mail alerts are powered by FeedBurner