Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sometimes you just feel like writing

Hello friends and family, we miss you all back home!

Lately we have been terribly busy. I have taken a job as the Reservations Manager at Silver View RV Resort in beautiful Bullhead City. We are in our last class (whoop) of school, and... ... we have been apartment hunting.


So far, since Robert and I met, every time we have made plans new opportunities have come up that have taken us far from the course. Please note that we are extremely happy with our choice to stay in Bullhead City but it is something new for us.

We loved traveling across the country and we plan to explore the West Coast as much as possible. However, for now Robert and I feel it would be best for us to stay settled.

We have always felt that everything happens for a reason and when we do our part the Universe (AKA our intuition) tends to lead us in the right direction.

I will have to say that living in this area of Arizona forces me to face a lot of personal fears. I have been experiencing culture shock and as the temperature continues to climb I feel myself adjusting to this beautiful place.

Bullhead City is in the desert, but it is also in the mountains. Back home in a little corner of North Carolina when I went hiking I always knew that trees would block my fall if I tumbled and the trees felt like a safety net. Out here the trees we have are planted and tended to. The vast majority of natural vegetation includes sage bushes.

Robert exploring, see his lantern?
Robert has found a calling, exploring the desert, and if I am to join him in this I need to get over this
fear of heights/ vertigo so I can explore along side of him.

Again, living in the desert is totally new and quite a wild experience for me. I love it though!

Sometimes I feel like an exposed nerve, taking in all of the new surroundings and culture. When I notice these types of feelings creeping up I use them as steps towards growth.

I love it when people ask me where I'm from, because of my southern draw, because when I say North Carolina I think of all of my friends and family back home.

I wouldn't say I'm homesick, more like familysick... I spent the first twenty five years of my life in NC and while it is a beautiful place its not the scenery I miss.

Sleydo, Robert, Me-Mum, and myself
Having my mom and little brother come to visit was very good for me, for all of us. We had a chance to see Vegas, the Grand Canyon, and explore Bullhead City together. I miss them so much already. We hope to have the little brother for a few weeks in the summer and we would love to have any of the family for a visit.

It is kind of sad to think we will soon be selling The Defiant (our freedom vessel). We are eager to be able to spread out some and I'm sure the cats agree. As it heats up here so does our camper and if we plan to stay in this area for a while we want a place that can handle the heat, the wind, and one that we can invite friends and family to!

We have made some amazing friends here and found neat ways to spend our free time. We still have many stories to share about our exploration, and we plan to continue blogging. Instead of laying out a road map of what this blog will be we plan to use it as a place to write... for fun... about things we love, places we visit, ideas we have, and whatever else strikes our fancy!

Stay tuned!

I love this pic because the river looks pink!

1 comment :

  1. Wow, what a big decision to make. So happy for you both and look forward to coming to visit you two. From a lil' corner in North Carolina!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't want to miss a single post? Sign up for e-mail alerts:

We guarantee a spam free service,
our e-mail alerts are powered by FeedBurner